[TxMt] Re: Control-L markers

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Mar 30 11:47:23 UTC 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 4:51 AM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got ^L to show up in my files and made a macro to search for it.
> Great so far. I currently have my own grammar extension to match ^L
> and assign it a 'scope'. Question: is there a 'global' grammar where I
> could put this in, so all source files would benefit?

For the scope issue, not yet, though I think 2.0 will sort of allow
you something like this, perhaps.

I suppose in general we could have an empty "custom" grammar included
in all other grammars, that would allow the user to add his own
little additions like the one above. But there are complications that
I'd rather not go into atm. 2.0 will have dynamic scopes though, if I
remember correctly, which will I think give us some flexibility in
this matter.

As far as the macro goes of course, there's no problem, you can have
that work in any grammar.

> Patrick
>
> Thanks so far for you help!

Haris Skiadas