[TxMt] Workflow question

lekim raasdnil raasdnil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:40:57 UTC 2007

Hello all.

I have been looking at Textmate and bluntly, have been blown away by the
balance it has gotten between a really narrow scope that is done really
really really well.

For example, "wrap each line" bundle command is just majic!  I can't think
how many times I have had to do this by hand in Dreamweaver!

But I have a question that I am sure someone else has solved that I have not
found a solution for on the web.

That is, how do you integrate Textmate, with SVN and also manage sites?

Now, before ou just hit reply and say "SVNX" let me explain...

Dreamweaver has a nice feature, that is, it knows about all the files in the
site.  if you change the location of a
file, change the name of a directory or the name of the file itself within
the site, it will run back through the entire site and update every link to
that file.

This is especially useful when you are re-coding sites and bringing them up
to the CSS age.

The problem with this, is if you do it, SVN doesn't see it and SVN then
complains about missing file X and added file Y when in fact it is a simpel
rename X to Y - the end result of this is polution orphans in the SVN
database (not a huge problem, unless you are using huge files)

Conversly, if you do the move from SVN (svn rename big_picture.jpg
little_picture.jpg) then Dreamweaver doesn't know about it and can't find
those 101 references to big_picture.jpg that just got moved (of course you
can do it with a find/replace, but this does not handle relative links).

One obvious solution is move it with SVN, then do a find / replace in
textmate.

But that doesn't handle relative links
(../../../img/myimages/little_picture.jpg being the same as
../myimages/little_picture.jpg)

So how do you do it?  I think my answer lies in regex.....

Does anyone have a solution out there to this particular problem?

Regards

Mikel