[TxMt] OT: Wordpress alternatives?

Methnen (AKA Jamie) jamie at methnen.com
Thu Mar 29 16:45:11 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 9:07 AM, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Gerd Knops:
>> Are there alternatives that address the above issues?

If you don't mind paying money the personal version of
ExpressionEngine would solve your issues.  You can run multiple blogs/
domains off of one install (license).  So updates would only be a one
time job.  Further more their record on the security issues front is
pretty dang good.  Thats not even touching the flexibility of the
template system.  I've used it for a few years now (after leaving MT
for it and can't stand using anything else anymore.

There's even a TextMate bundle for the template code in EE.

http://expressionengine.com

Jamie
Email: jamie at methnen.com
Homepage: http://www.methnen.com

"And I always go to pieces.  And I have it in my mind, that the sky is
tall and heavy, when I could be brave."
-Karen Peris (Brave)

"I want to find where the maid in the street is pouring her wine,
I heard she takes you in and gives you the words you need said.
If you'll be her brother, she'll kiss you like a sister.
She'll even be your mother, for now."
-Matt Slocum (Sister, Mother)

"And we are drowned."
-Annie Dillard (Tickets For a Prayer Wheel)