[TxMt] SVN?

Philip Hofstetter phofstetter at sensational.ch
Thu Mar 29 16:40:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 29.03.2007, at 18:15, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I wonder what happens with the bundle repository. I am actually
> still on 1.2.3 and can access it just fine, which means, if I
> understood the note correctly,  that it is not 1.4. On the other
> hand this also means that any of the 100> committers would have to
> also use older clients, otherwise one of them would have changed
> the repository. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Yes you do. The svn client tool isn't one of the tools accessing the
repistory directly.

svn itself only affects the locally checked out working copy. So if
you upgrade your installation, you won't be able to downgrade any more.

Likewise, if someone on the server upgrades svn there, he or she
won't be able to downgrade again once any tools accessing the
repository directly (the DAV_SVN-module, svnserve or svnadmin) has
touched the repository.

But checking out and commiting are operations your client does
without directly accessing the repository on the server. That access
flows via the apache-module or the svnserve binary.

Philip