[TxMt] SVN?

Florian Gilcher flo at andersground.net
Thu Mar 29 16:09:17 UTC 2007

Hi Jenny,

This page does only offer installer builds up to version 1.3 Stable. The
current version of SVN is 1.4.3. It is advisable to use it because of
this [quote from the release Page]:

- ---
Working Copy and Repository Format Changes

Due to certain improvements and bugfixes made to the working copy
library, the version number of the working copy format has been
incremented. This means that Subversion clients earlier than 1.4 will
not be able to work with working copies produced by Subversion 1.4.
Similarly, the repository format has changed as well, meaning that
pre-1.4 Subversion tools that normally access a repository directly
(e.g. svnserve, mod_dav_svn, svnadmin) won't be able to read a
repository originally created by Subversion 1.4.

WARNING: if a Subversion 1.4 client encounters a pre-1.4 working copy,
it will automatically upgrade the working copy format as soon as it
touches it, making it unreadable by older Subversion clients. If you are
using several versions of Subversion on your machine, you need to be
careful about which version you use in which working copy, to avoid
accidentally upgrading the working copy format. This "auto upgrade"
feature, however, does not occur with the new repository format.
- ---

To avoid any problems with this behaviour, new Users should always use
at least 1.4.

Greetings
Florian