[TxMt] Creating a bundle command to compile Flex

Alastair Dawson adawson at vixiom.com
Wed Mar 28 08:08:26 UTC 2007

I'm trying to create a bundle command that will compile a Flex (.mxml)
file using fcsh (the flex compiler shell
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Compiler_Shell) unlike the
mxmlc compiler fcsh keeps things in memory so it's much much faster.

Long story short to use the fcsh compiler you would open up the Terminal
and run

$ fcsh

which launches the compiler, then you compile the mxml file as you
normally would

(fcsh) mxmlc /pathto/my.mxml

that mxml file gets assigned an ID (say '1'), from then on you use the
command

(fcsh) compile 1

I can get fcsh to run from a bundle command, but how I can I have it
wait to launch then run 'mxmlc /pathto/my.mxml' the first time but then
'compile 1' thereafter? (All within the original Terminal window). If
all three steps together are impossible, could I have it just run
'compile 1' in a Terminal window in which I've manually run steps 1 and 2?

thanks!