[TxMt] Insert as Snippet indentation weirdness

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:17:44 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at hanover.edu> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Fred B wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to disable this?
>
> Yes, don't use "Insert as snippet" ;)

It's the only way to have a snippet at the end, AFAIK. ;)

> I'm afraid that's how that command works, because as someone said
> already this is what you want most of the time.
>
> The problem has to do with the markdown syntax I think, in that it
> can't easily tell that the paragraphs are not a continuation of the
> test list. So I don't know if there is an easy way around it. Perhaps
> Jacob or someone else more knowledgeable in the markdown syntax can
> give us some more details.
>
> Do you really need the snippet functionality in your case, i.e.
> "Replace selected text" wouldn't do it? What is the overall problem
> you were trying to solve?

I solved it. But the solution might help someone so:

I realized my macros to make reference-style links and footnotes in
markdown were messed on indented lists.

How it was done:

- Start the macro rec. with the word selected.
- Add brackets
- Select text from there to the end
- Run a command that parse the selected text to find highest reference
link number then insert a snippet with an higher ref number, the
clipboard for the link, etc. and ability to tab through placeholders
to change them.

The workaround:

- Almost the same except I insert a dummy string just after the brackets
- parse the entire document in the command using the dummy string to
split it, etc.

May be not really academic, but it works. ;)
Same for Google and Wikipedia links, footnotes, etc.

I can share them if someone is interested.

Thanks for your time.

--
FredB