[TxMt] Insert as Snippet indentation weirdness

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Mar 27 00:47:06 UTC 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Fred B wrote:

> On 3/27/07, Ciarán Walsh <ciawal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 27 Mar 2007, at 00:24, Fred B wrote:
>>
>> When using "insert as snippet" text is automatically indented using
>> the indentation rules of the active language (as with pasting with
>> re-
>> indent, although it seems disabling that doesn't disable this
>> functionality). 99% of the time that's what you want.
>>
>> You didn't specify the language, but perhaps the issue (if there is
>> one?) is to do with the indentation rules, I didn't really follow…
>
> Thanks Ciarán,
>
> Language is markdown. I don't know if there is a problem with
> indentation rules or not, anyway I don't want indentation. ;)
>
> Is there a way to disable this?

Yes, don't use "Insert as snippet" ;)

I'm afraid that's how that command works, because as someone said
already this is what you want most of the time.

The problem has to do with the markdown syntax I think, in that it
can't easily tell that the paragraphs are not a continuation of the
test list. So I don't know if there is an easy way around it. Perhaps
Jacob or someone else more knowledgeable in the markdown syntax can
give us some more details.

Do you really need the snippet functionality in your case, i.e.
"Replace selected text" wouldn't do it? What is the overall problem
you were trying to solve?
> --
> FredB

Haris Skiadas