[TxMt] Insert as Snippet indentation weirdness

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:24:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I noticed some weird indentation problem when using "Insert as
Snippet" as the output for a command. I reduced it to a simple test
case (at least I hope):

Make a command with
Output: "Insert as Snippet"
Command: echo -n "$TM_SELECTED_TEXT"

Example text:
✂------✂------✂------✂------
- list1
[tab]- indented list2

paragraph 1
paragraph 2
✂------✂------✂------✂------

If I select the text somewhere in the first line to the end and run
the command, nothing changes, which is good.

If I select the text somewhere after the tab in the second line to
the end I get this:

✂------✂------✂------✂------
- test list
[tab]- test indented list

[tab]paragraph 1
[tab]paragraph 2

If I use "Replace selected text" instead, this doesn't happend.
So, if I understand this right: When a command inserts a snippet on a
indented line, everything in the snippet is indented. Why?
Just in case, I deselected "Re-indent pasted text" in the prefs,
still the same.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

--