[TxMt] Re: Italics and Bold in Markdown.

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 22 19:34:34 UTC 2007

Luke Daley wrote:

> On 22/03/2007, at 9:18 AM, Fred B wrote:
>
>> This is the normal MultiMarkdown behaviour[1].
>
> Ah. So when does the Markdown bundle use Markdown and when does it use
> MultiMarkdown? And how can we differentiate between the two in terms of
> language grammar?

The grammar tries to follow the markdown syntax as much as possible
(notwithstanding bugs in the perl markdown implementation).
Unfortunately, Multimarkdown diverges from that standard, and breaks
compatibility with Markdown in the process.  Orphaned (i.e. without a
title) links should be surrounded by angle brackets, e.g.
<http://google.com>.  This will cause included underscores to be
ignored, in markdown and multimarkdown both.

-Jacob