[TxMt] new error message in GTDalt command with build 1372

Michael Gilbert mcg at gilbert.org
Thu Mar 22 04:25:29 UTC 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:47 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

>> Anyway, I'm using GTDalt and the context command (shift-@) gives
>> this error after the selection from the dialog:
>>
>> /Users/mcg/Applications/Text/Textmate/TextMate.app/Contents/
>> SharedSupport/Support/lib/dialog.rb:138: warning: Insecure world
>> writable dir /Users/mcg/Documents, mode 040756
>>
>> Any advice. Did I do something clueless when I grabbed the latest
>> build?
>
> This seems to be a problem related to permissions on some of your
> directories, in particular your Documents folder.
> Are the GTDAlt files you are working with inside your Documents
> folder?
> What happens if you move them to  the Desktop instead?
> What are the permissions on your Documents folder? You can find
> them selecting the folder and pressing cmd-I.
> What do you get if you type the following in a new TextMate window,
> selecting it and pressing ctrl-R:
> ls -la ~|grep Documents

Thanks for the reply.

I did find a way to get rid of the error (the GTDalt files are in
Documents and I had to restrict permissions on the folder, which is
fine), but I was baffled as to why this morning this error didn't
appear and then as soon as I grabbed the recent build of TM, there
was the error. I hadn't changed permissions in the mean time. So, it
was a bit disturbing.

Thanks again!

-- Michael

Michael C. Gilbert -- mcg at gilbert.org
The Gilbert Center: Good Ideas, Good Communication, Good Work

   Help me write my book, The Authentic Organization: http://
authentic.gilbert.org

   Nonprofit Online News: http://www.nonprofitnews.org
   Consulting programs and workshops: http://www.gilbert.org/programs
   The Gilbert Center: http://www.gilbert.org

        "There can be no joy of life without joy of work." -- Aquinas