[TxMt] GTDAlt Date Picker

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Mar 22 04:03:40 UTC 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:

> I am having a problem with the GTDAlt date picker. The date
> inserted does not correspond to the date entered. So entering
> 12/03/2007 gives me 2007-03-11. And entering 31/05/2007 gives me
> 2007-05-29.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this here. Also in my case, I have to
enter the month first. But perhaps it's related to my answer to the
following question.

> While on the topic of the date picker a small issue about the UI.
> Dates are entered day month year. I think it should be year month
> day for two reasons:

The format is not in my control. I use the DatePicker object, which
the system handles. The way dates appear in it is set in System
Preferences -> International -> Format.
What is the Region setting there in your case? Do your problems go
away if you set the Region to United States?

> 1. That way it is consistent with what is entered in the file.
> 2. The date picker defaults to the current date which is now
> February. Helpfully it doesn't allow you to pick a day not in that
> month. So to enter in 31/05/2007 I first had to tab ahead to change
> the month before entering the day (since there are not 31 days in
> February). The year month day format would avoid this problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
> All the best, Mark

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College