[TxMt] TextMate & LaTeX via MacPorts

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Mar 18 17:43:18 UTC 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Christopher W. MacMinn wrote:
> # System-wide .profile for sh(1)
>
> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
> export PATH
>
> if [ "${BASH-no}" != "no" ]; then
> 	[ -r /etc/bashrc ] && . /etc/bashrc
> fi
>
> I have been using ~/.bashrc, which looks like this:
>
> export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

Ok, this is the problem then I guess. It seems that sourcing ./etc/
profile does not also source ~/.bashrc nor ~/.bash_profile, so these
settings are never seen. So I don't really know what the best
solution would be here. I'm already not very happy about sourcing /
etc/profile, and I would be even less happy about sourcing even more
files. For now I added /opt/local/bin to the list of explicit paths
we use for locating kpsewhich. So if you svn up now, it should work
just fine for you (I hope).

> Best
> - Chris

Haris Skiadas