[TxMt] Python bundle question/possible bug...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 18 17:15:51 UTC 2007

On 18. Mar 2007, at 00:38, Fabry Nicholas F. wrote:

> [...] The key mysterious part is right in the first character
> class, which I believe is designed to pick out the name of the
> class/def in question:
>
> [.a-zA-Z0-9_ b]+
>
> Okay, I get it up until the ' b' part.  Essentially, the name of a
> class or def is a series of characters that are in a-z, A-Z, 0-9,
> or are '_' or '.' .  What's the point of the ' b' part?  Was this
> meant to be '\b', signifying a word boundary?    Or is there some
> deeper meaning to space b that I don't understand?

Curious as you, I decided to track down the erroneous regexp. It
happened in r976 with this change log entry:

     - Converted all word boundaries in the Python Syntax (Allan
probably missed these,
       because Tiger conveniently translated them all to \&(l|g)t;)

Looking at the diff, the b was previously a <, so the intent was to
convert \< to \b (because of a change in the regexp library), but
accidentally all <’s where converted to b’s.

I have now reverted this part of r976, better late than never :)