[TxMt] escape-key for completion in latex

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Mar 18 13:40:36 UTC 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Claus Haslauer wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to follow this approach in the latex-help file:
>
> I do have ":_" (just a colon and an underscore, no quotations)in
> the preference pane as Word Characters. Is this ok or do they need
> to be separated / in quotations / ... ?
> right in front of the closing bracket in latex mode, doesn't do
> anything.

Can you produce a minimal LaTeX file showing the problem and send it
to me? Is this a "master document/included files" situation, or are
we only talking about a single file? What is the full path to the
file and how is the master document specified, if there is one?

Does bibliography completion work?
How and when did you install latex in your machine?

> Now, I looked into the bundle editor, into the latex bundle in my
> installation:
> 2) <alt>+<escape> is the key equivalent for "Citation based on
> Current Word / Selection" AND for "Label Based on Current Word /
> Selection" --- this seems a little weird to me. Is this how it
> should be originally? Or have I changed this accidently at some point?

This is how it should be, they have different scope selectors, so get
triggered in different contexts. The "escape" triggers completion,
which you find under preferences items. It calls the same underlying
script as the "alt+escape" command does.

> I remember a time when hitting  <escape> (I think) actually has
> worked and I used "eqn:" and "fig:" for labeling and referencing
> equations and figures, respectively. Should the difference between
> pull-down list and hitting <escape> multiple times would move
> through the possible choices?

Yes this is how it's supposed to work.

> Is this something that got changed over the releases (I am working
> with cutting edge)? That leads me to another question: when a
> bundle gets updated in the bundle repository... do those changes
> get updated in each new (cutting edge) release or would I check
> them out and update them as I would with any other "default" bundle?

If you have checked the bundle out through the svn repository, you
need to keep it updated via svn up. If you haven't ever messed with
the bundle, you don't need to.

> Thanks for your help,
> Claus

Haris Skiadas