[TxMt] Keep sub-folders from twirling in project pane

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 17 20:09:40 UTC 2007

On 11. Feb 2007, at 18:49, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 10. Feb 2007, at 13:57, David Chartier wrote:
>> I don't know if I'm using TextMate in a strange way, but: I have
>> an HTML
>> blogging project open with a couple of root folders, and each of
>> those
>> folders have one sub-folder for archive purposes. Every now and
>> then I like
>> to archive posts from the main folder into the sub-folder, but
>> when I do
>> this the sub-folder unfurls - and I really don't want this to
>> happen. Is
>> there any way to stop it? A preference I can check somewhere? Why
>> does it
>> open in the first place; is this behavior useful to some other
>> workflow or
>> language?
>
> I.e. you drag file A into folder A (which is closed at the time)
> and after the drop, folder A is now open, yet you wanted it to
> automatically close again, after the drop?
>
> I don’t know if other programs add code to handle this, I am
> relying on the default behavior of the outline view.

Coincidentally I stumbled upon an undocumented way to change the
default behavior of the outline view.

To get it to close the group, after a drop, run this command in
terminal:

     defaults write -g NSRequireAutoCollapseOutlineAfterDropsDefault -
bool yes

This will change it system-wide. You can use
‘com.macromates.textmate’ instead of -g, to make it only behave this
way in TextMate.