[TxMt] TextMate & LaTeX via MacPorts

Christopher W. MacMinn cmac at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 16 20:57:10 UTC 2007

Hey folks -

I'm trying to get up-and-running with TextMate, which I will be using
primarily for LaTeX-ing, and I'm having some troubles.  I've been
using LaTeX installed via MacPorts/DarwinPorts for a few months now,
so I'd prefer to get TM working with that if possible rather than
abandoning it for MacTex (unless there is really and truly a good
reason to do so).

The main problem I'm having is that when I call the "Insert Label/
Citation Based on Current Word" command, TM spits out "The tex
binaries cannot be located!"  I assume this means that I have not
properly told TM where to find my LaTeX installation, but I can't
figure out how to do so.  I tried creating a PATH environment
variable equal to the output of "echo $PATH" in Terminal, but I don't
think it helped.  Sorry... either I'm doing something dumb or I'm
just not unix-y enough to understand what's going on here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Best
- Chris MacMinn