[TxMt] Latex Preview with TextMate on Serveraccount

Christoph Biela cbiela at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:42:35 UTC 2007

Hi Allan,

find_app finds Preview but not PDFView

TM_LATEX_VIEWER = Preview works
TM_LATEX_VIEWER = PDFView DOES NOT WORK

which seams quite clear since TM only finds Preview.

TM_LATEX_ERRLVL = 0

And the results window shows:
––––––––––––––––––––––––
––––––––––––––––––––––––
––––––––––––
Compiling LaTeX…

This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6
Typesetting: ./untitled.tex

Document Class: article 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document clas
Output written on untitled.pdf (1 page, 17620 bytes)

untitled.log

Click Here to Preview
––––––––––––––––––––––––
––––––––––––––––––––––––
––––––––––––

Regards
Christoph

On 2007-03-15, at 14:27, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 14. Mar 2007, at 16:25, Christoph Biela wrote:
>
>> I have been using Textmate together with PDFView on my powerbook w/
>> out any problems.
>> Recently I moved my account to Mac OS X Server. And it won't work
>> till then.
>>
>> On the local machine I installed Latex/Textmate/PDFView.
>> A test with Texshop worked w/out any problems. But when I cmd-R in
>> Textmate no
>> preview is shown (the pdf is typesetted correctly, though).
>> TM_LATEX_VIEWER  is set to PDFView, but nothing happens.
>
> What exactly does the results window show?
>
> I take it if you unset TM_LATEX_VIEWER it works? Try change it to
> Preview.
>
> Also try in TM to enter the following and press ⌃R (this will show
> you where it finds the previewer you have setup): find_app "$
> {TM_LATEX_VIEWER}.app"
>
> Did you set other TM-variables, like TM_LATEX_ERRLVL?

~~~~~
Christoph Biela

cbiela at gmail.com