[TxMt] Re: Default color for Embedded Source

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 16 14:52:43 UTC 2007

Hi, Mac Classic theme users.

I don't use this theme myself, but am about to record an AppleScript
screencast, and want to stick with something simple and straightforward.

So... a year ago, there was this nice discussion:

Chris Thomas wrote (on 2/28/06):
> TextMate is the first Mac editor of any vintage capable of supporting
>  embedded source, as far as I'm aware.
>
> I'd be totally happy for someone to say "thou shalt use _this_ color
> for embedded source backgrounds in Mac Classic." I did intend to
> revisit that color, but haven't gotten back to it. Better suggestions
>  always welcome.

Well, I didn't change the 'embedded source' background color, as I don't
want to impose my aesthetic vision on a theme I don't even use.  But
what I *did* do instead was triple the saturation of the selection
color, simultaneously dropping its opacity by 2/3.  This means that it
should look identical against a white background, but should be
considerably more noticeable against the light blue 'embedded source'
background.

Enjoy!

-Jacob Rus