[TxMt] Edit in TM: any alternatives to "it's all text" ?

Henrik Nyh henrik at nyh.se
Wed Mar 14 16:01:13 UTC 2007

Steve Lianoglou wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> Thanks a lot for this, looks really sweet.  Definitely better than
>> "it's all text."  My only gripe is that it doesn't open an editor for
>> the current text area, but rather gives me a drop down box with a list
>> of names of text areas.
>
> Hah! I've never noticed that before .. at least you can select the named
> message box w/ the numbers so you don't have to move your fingers from
> the keyboard :-)
>
>> If I've got my cursor in a particular text
>> area then I want to edit that one obviously...any ideas how I make
>> that happen?
>
> I agree ... I don't really know how to make this happen -- you could
> probably send an email to the developer to see if there's a quick hack
> or something to get it to work that way.

Possibly there is no straightforward way of getting the textarea that
currently has focus when writing extensions - there isn't in JS, to my
knowledge.

I faked it in a userscript by setting a CSS property on :focus and then
looking for that property with JS - see get_focused_form() over at
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/1595. Might want to suggest that
to the developer, if finding the focused form is why there is no such
functionality.