[TxMt] Testers for BlogMate -- Graphical TM Blogging Plugin

Todd Ditchendorf itod at mac.com
Mon Mar 12 03:27:49 UTC 2007

Anybody here interested in blogging to WordPress using TextMate and a
GUI (rather than the blogging bundle)?

I've got an alpha-quality TM plugin called BlogMate worked up... and
could use some testers.

The BlogMate plugin is kinda like MarsEdit -- only as a floating
palette for TextMate. (Window -> Show BlogMate Palette)

Much like MarsEdit, you can set up multiple blogs and create and edit
posts. Unlike MarsEdit, its feature set is quite limited at the
moment. But you can manage post categories and published/private
status already.

For now the plugin uses the MetaWeblog API to talk to your blog.
Theoretically, this should work with any metaweblog-capable blog, but
I've only tried it with Wordpress (cuz that's what I use). I have
absolutely no idea what other blog types use metaweblog... i didn't
even know what metaweblog was until thursday when i started this
nonsense.

Once it's solid enough for release, I'll do a public beta (hopefully
very soon... i'm very impatient). After that, the plugin will
continue to be free as in beer.

Anyhow... if you're interested, respond in one way or another.

thanks!

Todd Ditchendorf
Scandalous Software - Mac XML Tools
http://scan.dalo.us