[TxMt] Textencoding problems renders scripts useless

Stefan seaside.ki at mac.com
Sun Mar 11 17:34:13 UTC 2007

Hi list,

generally, I use textmate to write source code for various languages
and systems. Everything works nicely.

Textmate is set to use ISO-Latin1.

 From time to time, I need to copy text fragments from Word oder PDF
documents
to PHP scripts. As soon save the file with the copied text, the
encoding of textmate
document suddenly changes. All diacritical characters get converted
to funny
chars. All in all, the resulting PHP isn't any longer useable.

It took me some time to exactly figure out the reasons. But, I failed
to solve it.

Does someone has an idea regarding this?

BTW: If I try this using Eclipse, the IDE reports a problem saving
the file, since
the encoding changed. I have to start windows and copy the Word text
fragments -
since Eclipse on Windows works just fine.

An ideas?

Kind regards,

Stefan