[TxMt] Insert File/Path names + open a file without using a GUI

Charley Tiggs lists at tiggs.net
Sun Mar 11 16:03:01 UTC 2007

Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I rewrote my Command 'Insert File/Path Name + AutoCorrect'.
> Key: CTRL+TAB
> Scope: none
>
> BTW I use this Command very often to open a file without a mouse or GUI.
> Just type:
> 'mate ' and invoke this Command, and finally press CTRL+R.
>
> To illustrate that Command I did a screencast (without sound because my
> mic is out of order, but there are written comments)
>
> http://www.bibiko.de/TM_InsertFilePathNames.mov  (ca. 5.7MB)
>
> Comments are welcome!
>
> Best,
> Hans

Hans,

This is awesome!  Simply awesome!  I just tried it out and it works
exactly the way I like to work in the terminal.

One question:  Is it possible to force the plugin to always work from
the root of a specific directory?  For example, I have a website set up
as a project.  I'm never going to need any files outside of the project.
  Possible to be able to type control-tab and start from the root of the
project folder instead?

Charley