[TxMt] Way to remember what language I'm using

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 11 12:55:12 UTC 2007

On 11. Mar 2007, at 06:43, Michael Jackson wrote:

> Well, it's true what you say. I can delete all of the defaults and
> do: mate /tmp/test.css.php from the command line, and it will open
> up the file as CSS. However, afterwards if I do: mate /tmp/
> test.php, it will open up as HTML!

And that is correct -- we bind *.php to HTML by default because it is
HTML with <?php … ?> tags in it.

> So then, when I manually change that one back to php, the mate /tmp/
> test.css.php will open up as php! I don't think TM has the support
> for double extensions, but it would be nice in this instance.

It does, just either a) use HTML for PHP (for this and other reasons)
or b) if you really insist on using the PHP grammar as root for your
*.php files (which means you will lose coloring of HTML tags outside
<?php … ?>), go edit the fileTypes arrays for the PHP and HTML
grammars, but I do not recommend it.