[TxMt] slow latex compilation

Christof Janssen janssen at lpma.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 9 14:09:19 UTC 2007

On 9. Mrz 2007, at 14:31, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>>>  My copy of Textmate calls pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C
>>> 7.5.6) and (my) Texshop pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5).
>
> So, the thing that worries me here is that textmate uses pdftex
> instead of pdfetex. Wondering why that is, because typically it
> runs pdfetex. Hopefully a tex file I can compile might give some
> hints.

Haris,

I just realized that Texshop relies on the tetex distribution
(installed with i-installer in /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin7.9.0). pdflatex in that directory makes a call to pdftex. I
have recently added gerben wierdas gwtex (also using the i-installer/
automatic configuration: /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin7.9.0). The latter is called by textmate and executes pdfetex.
In the past, I must have used the previous engine with Textmate too.
Which is the current version of pdfetex then?

Does it make sense to send tex files if they cause trouble only with
an outdated/depreciated engine?

Christof