[TxMt] slow latex compilation

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Mar 9 13:53:28 UTC 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Thomas Bohn wrote:

> On 03/09/07 08:31:45, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> So, the thing that worries me here is that textmate uses pdftex
>> instead of pdfetex.
>
> Can you explain me the difference between pdftex and pdfetex.
> Because in
> my MacTeX 2007 installation pdfetex is just a symlink to pdftex.

No not really, because I don't really know it ;) This is all I found:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=etex

I actually thought that tex as such is not used anymore, replaced by
etex, and for instance in my admittedly old (circa 2005) tex install
if I type pdftex on the command line then I get:
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)

So it is very surprising to me that Christof would be getting
TextMate to use pdftex instead.

> Thomas

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College