[TxMt] slow latex compilation

Christof Janssen janssen at lpma.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 9 12:53:13 UTC 2007

On 9. Mrz 2007, at 13:25, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 9. Mar 2007, at 10:47, Christof Janssen wrote:
>
>> I am not sure whether this is a TEX problem or a Textmate issue,
>> but I decided to try it on this list first, because the problem
>> appeared only after an update of Textmate. I am using a Powerbook
>> G4 and Version 1.5.5 (1368) of Textmate. After the latest update,
>> compiling of some latex documents has becoming extremely slow. [...]
>
> Try compile from Terminal, if it is also slow there, it is not a
> TextMate problem.

Thanks for the hint. Running it in the terminal reveals that the
different behavior between Texshop and Textmate is due to calling
different latex engines. My copy of Textmate calls pdfTeX, Version
3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6) and (my) Texshop pdfeTeX
3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5).

Thus the problem is not (directly) Textmate related. I just wonder
why it happened after the last upgrade. I must have changed the Latex
engine somehow!