[TxMt] VIM features I miss

Steven.Klass at smsc.com Steven.Klass at smsc.com
Fri Mar 9 03:08:38 UTC 2007

In fact..  We can do all of this very easily..  The environment variable
P4ROOT establishes the base directory of the directory under revision
control.  To see if a file is under perforce revision control you use `p4
fstat` and it will tell you the status of the file ( return 0 ) or if it's
not under revision control it returns 1.

---

Steven M. Klass

Strategic Manager, Design Automation - Analog Mixed Signal

SMSC
3930 East Ray Road, Suite 200
Phoenix, Arizona 85044
(480) 704-7046 (Desk)
(480) 225-1112 (Mobile)
steven.klass at smsc.com

Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com>
Sent by: textmate-bounces at lists.macromates.com
03/08/07 05:34 PM
Please respond to
TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>

TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [TxMt] VIM features I miss

On Mar 8, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> So maybe I am missing something, but what do you mean by read-only?

Perforce (SCM) sets files to read-only when they are checked in, and
makes them writable when they are checked out.

Ideally there would be a command that can be run when a user first
tries to modify a read-only file. That way we could have a script
that checks if the file is under perforce control, and offers to
check it out. jEdit has been doing that for years...

Gerd

For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)