[TxMt] VIM features I miss

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Fri Mar 9 00:33:38 UTC 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> So maybe I am missing something, but what do you mean by read-only?

Perforce (SCM) sets files to read-only when they are checked in, and
makes them writable when they are checked out.

Ideally there would be a command that can be run when a user first
tries to modify a read-only file. That way we could have a script
that checks if the file is under perforce control, and offers to
check it out. jEdit has been doing that for years...

Gerd