[TxMt] How can TextMate be so popular???

Michael Gregoire mgee at gwi.net
Tue Mar 6 21:24:34 UTC 2007

> But now, let's behold this project business.  In the help page I learn
> that, if I'm happy with a lot of dragging and dropping, it is very
> easy (and **FUN**) to create a project.  I don't see the point in
> going through these hoops just to avoid having a zillion windows
> around.  This is *at best* an annoyance.  My editor keeps state
> between sessions without any of this nonsense.  But, granted, given
> the choice of wading through a dozen windows and spending some quality
> time with my mouse and together assemble a project of all the files
> I'd care to edit, I guess I'd pick...  Hmm....  I guess I'd just keep
> my $50.

Again dipsh*t...

in CLI:

mate .

mate ~/project

mate whateverdamnfolderyouwanttoopenasaproject

click that Enter key and you have yourself a project sans drag/drop

Oh I forget, you don't like to have Terminal open at the same time as
TextMate... you call yourself a developer?

Terminal is always open with my workflow anyway, I can't even fathom
why you're having so much trouble with this.