[TxMt] Balance Tags/Blocks

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Tue Mar 6 19:50:10 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:30 PM, David Kurtz wrote:

> I'm taking a fresh look at TM and using it 60/40 with BBEdit... one
> of the things I'm missing is a "balance tags" or "balance blocks"
> feature.
>
> e.g. if I'm between two tags, I hit the key command I've assigned,
> cmd-opt-B, and everything between the two current HTML tags gets
> selected. If I press it again, everything within the parent tag
> gets selected, and so on. Is this something hidden in one of the TM
> bundles? I really miss this whenever I move over to TM.
>
> Similarly, I like being able to double click on opening braces,
> parens, brackets, and selecting their contents. I know there's the
> code collapsing, but it's different and doesn't seem so universally
> applicable. e.g. object literals in Javascript aren't collapsable
> in TM. In BBedit they're both collapsable and the bracket-double-
> clicking works.
>
> Any suggestions?

Cannot currently be done.

But you can get pretty close by using a combination of the select
scope built-in command and my Balance Jr commands.
Balance Jr is available in the Experimental bundle in the textmate
subversion repo.

http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/SubversionCheckout

I highly recommend you bind home and end to balance jr forward and
balance jr backward.
Enjoy

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors