[TxMt] How can TextMate be so popular???

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 19:22:05 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 12:58 PM, tlm wrote:

> I just gave TextMate a try...
>
> I'm sorry to say it was simply awful...

> (Yes, I know that one can navigate a GUI with
> the keyboard, but it is awkward at best, not the kind of action I want
> to perform often.)

While there are things in TextMate that drive me crazy too (having to
create a project window to group windows together, and its Go To
Header/Source functionality is a bit wrong), consider that if
TextMate we really bad then nobody would use it. B*tch'n at the
developer and wanting to send him to jail is a great way to get your
ideas implemented (although as the target of things like that before
it has motivated me on occasion out of anger.)

Please go back to using Emacs, as I suspect you'd hate BBEdit even
more than you do TextMate.

Godspeed,
_Ryan Wilcox