[TxMt] Re: Bug when viewing PDF files with PDFView

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Jun 29 20:49:41 UTC 2007

Hi Jonas,
On May 30, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Jenny Harrison wrote:
> On May 30, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Jonas Müller wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone else came across the same following
>> behavior: When repeatedly typesetting a LaTeX file (e.g. when
>> changing equations around), PDFView correctly updates the page in
>> question but then jumps back to the first page (making it very
>> annoying to scroll to the appropriate page again). I have only
>> experienced this behavior with _some_ files, while others seem to
>> work fine.

This is probably related to the use (or lack thereof) of pdfsync,
though I never got around to looking into it further. Theoretically,
if you don't have \usepackage{pdfsync} in your files then it should
not jump anywhere, it should just show the last thing you were seeing
in PDFView. If you do have pdfsync, then it tries to take you to the
correct spot. I suspect the problem might be with files where the
usepackage line is commented out. Can you send me one of the files
where it is not working for you?

>> Thanks for your help,
>> Jonas Müller
>
> Try Skim.  A new version came out this morning and it is now my
> default PDF viewer.  You can find recent references to it in this
> list.
>
> Jenny

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College