[TxMt] Unresponsive Find Dialog

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Wed Jun 27 19:24:38 UTC 2007

On 27.06.2007, at 16:45, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 27. Jun 2007, at 15:09, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>
>> I've had a problem with the find dialog. It does not crash, but
>> all the
>> buttons (not the text fields!) simply become unresponsive. It's been
>> reported before, but I just experienced it twice in a week.. :(
>>
>> The only workaround that I know is to restart TextMate, which is
>> bloody
>> annoying.
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing this more now as well?
>
> Are you regularly using an external monitor? I think that’s what
> causing it, and I seem to recall the workaround being to drag the
> window to the other screen and back, or something along those lines.

Yes, this works for me. Dragging the window off the screen (also
beyond the screen edges, not only to the other monitor).

I sometimes experience a vertical mouse cursor offset for windows/
dialogs (not only textmate). I think it is 1024 - 960px[^1] for me,
so clicking 84px below the button triggers it as long as he window
focus does not change, eg. the mouse does not leave the current window.

Soryu.

[^1]: My setup is 1440x960 and an external 1280x1024 TFT