[TxMt] LaTeX bundle problem

Maxime Boissonneault maxime.boissonneault at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Jun 27 18:13:42 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm writing my master thesis with TextMate and the LaTeX bundle, and I
encountered two problems.

First, I want to compile it using latex, and not pdftex. So, I set the
variable TM_LATEX_COMPILER to latex. However, this only is not enough. I
checked the Typeset & View script and I had to add this in order to make
it work :

if [ "$TEX" == "latex" ]; then
    TEX_PSTRICKS=1
fi
after the line
TEX=${TM_LATEX_COMPILER:-$DEF_TEX}

Second, I write it in French. There are a lot of accents (é,è,à,ù,ï,ë,
and so on) in French, and sometimes, there is one in a
chapter/section/subsection title. The accents go into the label to.
Creating the chapter/section/subsection works fine with the accents.
However, when I try to refer to them and use \ref{sub followed by
Alt-Esc to use the auto-completion, I can select the sections with
accents in the labels, but when I do select a section with an accent,
instead of writing the label, it deletes everything inside the \ref{}. I
see two solution to this :
    - Change the autocompletion script so that it can take accents.
    - Change the chapter/section/subsection/... commands so that they
replace accents by regular letters (éèë by e, ...) in the labels.

However, I don't know how to do any of them.

Does anyone have a workaround this ? Or is it possible that someone
correct this in the bundle ?

Thanks,

Maxime Boissonneault
maxime.boissonneault at usherbrooke.ca