[TxMt] async tm_dialog

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Mon Jun 25 08:50:29 UTC 2007

Is it possible to create a "palette" using tm_dialog?  From a ruby
shell I can create a dialog that reads in a list and then lets me
load a nib asynchronously, clicking add multiple times.  It then
returns all of the added choices when I close the nib.  There are two
issues I'm working through:

1.  When I run the same code from within a command, the dialog (nib)
freezes and takes no input until I cancel the command.  I'm using the
wait_for_command loop from the dialog.rb code.  I then manually close
the nib from the terminal.  Is there something I'm missing?

2.  I'd like to be able to keep the "palette" open and insert
snippets (or tags in this case) as I go, rather than upon window
close.  I'd like to use this for both the Autotag bundle and the
Wordpress bundle, keeping a palette of Tags/Wordpress snippets open
and insertable at any time.  Any way to do this?

Thanks,
Brett