[TxMt] er

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Sat Jun 23 21:44:45 UTC 2007

> Thats what you get for getting credit! :)

haha!

> At least its understood why it was done this way.  I find it
> humorous that its 2007 and there is no standard format for time, I
> mean in the sense of a "duh, of course its done this way"  Like
> writing hello world :)  Oh wait.......

I guess Allan's reply reveals that it's not 100% understood all around
why it's done the way it is, but there were good motivations at least :)

The thing is there IS a standard format for time, which is the format
that is being used here (the Z and -0000 type extensions are all part
of ISO8601, which I believe is specified as the date format for XML-
RPC). The problems here seem to be dealing with historical mistakes in
how those standard dates were used in WordPress.