[TxMt] reST and Path issues

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 19 00:11:29 UTC 2007

On 18. Jun 2007, at 22:17, Nicholas Cole wrote:

> On running the rst2html command from the bundle, I get the error
> message:
>
> Couldn't find rst2html.py
>
> You can either set the TM_RST2HTML variable to the full path of your
> docutils (docutils.sourceforge.net) installation (e.g.
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin or set the PATH
> variable to include the path of the docutils converters.
> [...]
> I get an error saying that that path cannot be found (even though I
> *know* it exists.
>
> (the relevant utilities exist both there and in my ~/bin)
>
> Can anyone explain what is wrong?

The error is incorrect. You should set TM_RST2HTML to include
rst2html.py.

I updated the bundle.

As for path, see http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
shell_commands#search_path (in this case, it is the shell startup
path used, which by default does not inherit from environment.plist
(due to /etc/profile resetting the variable))