[TxMt] Re: Re: Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:30:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:43:41 -0500, Joseph Scott
<joseph at automattic.com> wrote:

> I tested it against my local install as well and both ping and comments
> settings worked as expected.  I did this with a PHP script though, not
> TextMate.  Christoph can you (or someone else) confirm exactly what
> TextMate is sending over the wire?  A dump of the exact XML data that is
> being sent might provide some clues as to why ping status isn't being
> properly set.

Here it is, it's long:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
   <methodName>metaWeblog.editPost</methodName>
   <params>
     <param>
       <value>
         <string>28</string>
       </value>
     </param>
     <param>
       <value>
         <string>username</string>
       </value>
     </param>
     <param>
       <value>
         <string>password</string>
       </value>
     </param>
     <param>
       <value>
         <struct>
           <member>
             <name>mt_allow_pings</name>
             <value>
               <string>open</string>
             </value>
           </member>
           <member>
             <name>mt_allow_comments</name>
             <value>
               <string>open</string>
             </value>
           </member>
           <member>
             <name>title</name>
             <value>
               <string>Title</string>
             </value>
           </member>
           <member>
             <name>categories</name>
             <value>
               <array>
                 <data>
                   <value>
                     <string>Category 1</string>
                   </value>
                 </data>
               </array>
             </value>
           </member>
           <member>
             <name>description</name>
             <value>
               <string>Some text</string>
             </value>
           </member>
           <member>
             <name>mt_text_more</name>
             <value>
               <string>Some more text</string>
             </value>
           </member>
         </struct>
       </value>
     </param>
     <param>
       <value>
         <boolean>1</boolean>
       </value>
     </param>
   </params>
</methodCall>

It looks okay, so not sure what's wrong. I may have done something wrong
applying the patch, so if someone else could test it, I would gladly be
proven wrong.

Thanks!

Christoph