[TxMt] Re: Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Fri Jun 15 16:43:41 UTC 2007

On Jun 15, 2007, at 12:10 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I am forwarding you this, as I don’t think you’re subscribed.

Thanks.  Correct, I'm not subscribed, although I've been reading this
thread via the archives.  I can't realistically keep up with all of
the lists where WordPress XML-RPC issues might come up, so if you
don't mind making me aware of them I'm happy to work on them as they
arise.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Christoph Koehler" <christoph.koehler at gmail.com>
>> Date: 15. Jun 2007 05:14:40 GMT+02:00
>> To: textmate at lists.macromates.com
>> Subject: [TxMt] Re: Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments
>>
>>> I've deployed the patch for this to all wordpress.com blogs.
>>> There is also a ticket for wordpress.org:
>>>
>>> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4469
>>>
>>> I'll follow up and make sure the committers there are aware of it.
>>>
>>> Thanks for point this out and doesn't hesitate to contact me
>>> about any other questions/issues/bugs that come up in XML-RPC for
>>> WordPress.
>>>

>> Thanks for the quick action! That's really amazing! I tested the
>> patch on my local install and comments work fine now, but pings
>> are still always disabled.

I tested it against my local install as well and both ping and
comments settings worked as expected.  I did this with a PHP script
though, not TextMate.  Christoph can you (or someone else) confirm
exactly what TextMate is sending over the wire?  A dump of the exact
XML data that is being sent might provide some clues as to why ping
status isn't being properly set.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/