[TxMt] Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Fri Jun 15 00:58:46 UTC 2007

I've trimmed the quotes.

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Well, actually the “standard” is 1 or 0 -- but WordPress has been
> using “open” and “closed” in the past. So ideally you’d change it
> to accept both values, then long-term (i.e. when users are on WP 2.2
> +) we can remove the special-casing for WP.
>
> Btw: have a look at both NewPost and EditPost -- it seems NewPost
> sets comment_status to open/closed where EditPost sets it to the
> value of mt_allow_comments casted to an int. When using
> comment_status, it is tested against the string value 'open'. So
> regardless of value sent (for mt_allow_comments) it will always
> disable comments when editing a post.

I've deployed the patch for this to all wordpress.com blogs.  There
is also a ticket for wordpress.org:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4469

I'll follow up and make sure the committers there are aware of it.

Thanks for point this out and doesn't hesitate to contact me about
any other questions/issues/bugs that come up in XML-RPC for WordPress.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/