[TxMt] Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Thu Jun 14 12:59:04 UTC 2007

There also seems to be new support in the xmlrpc for headers like
wp_slug which we may want to incorporate into the blogging bundle (I
don't think this existed before, sorry if this comment is poorly
researched...).

I have a new version of my UTW-rpc plugin and Autotag bundle for
TextMate in the works right now that is compatible with the Simple
Tagging plugin as well as the new features in the 2.2 xmlrpc.  If
anyone is interested in beta testing, let me know.

The suggested changes to fix the comments/pings could be incorporated
into the plugin to allow for an external solution to the problem
without editing the xmlrpc.php which would be overwritten by
upgrades... the plugin overrides the new post and edit post functions
in the xmlrpc to incorporate tagging options but functions fine
without tagging plugins installed and therefore could fix multiple
problems until the problem is fixed in the code itself.

Brett