[TxMt] Open command

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:51:52 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Chuck Esterbrook <chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > [...] If you've already got a project open (re: "which is often in
> > > a subdirectory of the project") why not use the file drawer to just
> > > click the file?
> >
> > Or even better: Navigation → Go to File… (⌘T)
>
> I guess ⌘T does the trick. I'll just have to break the habit of also using ⌘O.

I was wrong. ⌘O still needs improvement. Today I did "mate foo bar"
from the command line. Well okay, the first issue is that the two
files were put in a file drawer, but not actually opened up. I was
expecting to see the contents of at least one of them and preferably
have windows or tabs for both.

But getting back to ⌘O, I clicked on "foo" and read through it. I
clicked on "bar" and read through it. Then I realized I needed "baz"
and hit ⌘O at which point I was looking at some directory totally
unrelated to the one that "foo" and "bar" were located in. I had to
poke around to get to where "foo" and "bar" were, but after two pokes
I said screw it and went back to the command line to type "mate"
again.

So my suggestion is that ⌘O set the directory to the directory of the
currently edited file. It's more likely to be useful as I've
experienced in other applications.

-Chuck