[TxMt] Re: Re: Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:35:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:49:50 -0500, Allan Odgaard
<throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> On 10. Jun 2007, at 14:57, Christoph Koehler wrote:
>
>>> Did you check your WordPress preferences? You can set the default
>>> state for new posts.
>> Yeah, they are enabled by default. Since 2.2, if I just submit it the
>> first time, the defaults kick in and pings and comments are enabled and
>> it shows in TM. Once I submit the post again to change something for
>> example, with the Ping and Comment headers already there, they will be
>> turned off even if they were set to On.
>
> Okay, so the problem is that posts which explicitly sets comments to
> ‘on’ actually cause them to be turned off.
>
> When you re-post, try remove the comments and pings headers.

Yep that works, thanks!

> Though it does sound like a WP bug.

I will post a bug report over at WP, will see if they can fix that. Where
can I take a look to see what exactly is being sent to the server? That
might help them debug it.

Thanks for your work Allan! You made a great product!

Christoph