[TxMt] modifying the URL helper in Markdown

jeff newman bangersandmash at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:43:34 UTC 2007

Thanks Allan,

It's strictly a visual preference that makes me prefer the footnotes.
I'll just keep using my current work around which involves saving my
file as HTML and then dragging it from finder  into the markdown
document window. This reformats everything the way I like it.  I was
just hoping to streamline the process.

Appreciated your response, though. Thanks.

j.

On 6/6/07, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 6. Jun 2007, at 15:53, jeff newman wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > Currently, when i paste a link using ctrl-shift-L I get:
> >
> > [text](http://linkaddress.yay)
> >
> > I would prefer to get
> >
> > [text][1]
> >
> > and then have the link entered at the bottom of the document.
> >
> > [1]: http://linkaddress.yay
> >
> > Any thoughts on how this could be pulled off?
>
> That can't be done -- though it could insert the two lines (by
> editing the template), just the second one would not go to the bottom.
>
> I've considered doing a "toggle" between inline and reference style
> links, this might be better, also because the next time you do a
> link, it should use [2], but it needs to look at your reference list
> to figure out that.

Jeff Newman