[TxMt] Open command

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:38:47 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Chuck Esterbrook <chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > [...] If you've already got a project open (re: "which is often in
> > > a subdirectory of the project") why not use the file drawer to just
> > > click the file?
> >
> > Or even better: Navigation → Go to File… (⌘T)
>
> I guess ⌘T does the trick. I'll just have to break the habit of also using ⌘O.
>
> Okay, on to the next request.  :-)
>
> Or maybe this already exists: I would like a list of open files in
> most-recently-used (MRU) order. ⌘T could probably be tweaked to do
> this. In fact, many times it at least shows me the very last file I
> looked at. But sometimes it does not (and I don't know why). And the
> order of the subsequent files (alphabetized?) isn't particularly
> useful in a large project.
>
> The utility for an MRU list is that during software development I
> often flip between the same 2 - 5 files while fixing a bug or adding a
> feature.

The behavior I'm seeing with ⌘T is that it shows MRU files most of the
time, but then every so often it "resets" and just shows an
alphabetized list of all project files. I'm not sure what triggers the
reset yet. I'm switching a lot between TextMate, Terminal and Safari
in my current work. It's not a TextMate quit+launch or project
close+open that's causing the reset because I'm not doing those things
when it happens.

-Chuck