[TxMt] Invisible characters

Bonhôte André andre at bonhote.org
Fri Jun 1 08:20:52 UTC 2007

Hi all!

I have a problem with invisible characters here. E.g. writing perl
code, I use || quite often. I produce this character on my Swiss
German keyboard using Option-7. Normally, I put a space after || to
increase readability. There it happens that I keep the option key
pressed while pressing the space key - and this apparently produces
some invisible character. In any case, perl complains:

Unrecognized character \xC2 at /Users/abonhote/test2.pl line 5.

I have turned on "show invisibles", but the extra character doesn't
show up. How can I avoid typing these characters?

Thanks in advance!

André