[TxMt] tm_dialog: add FileSelect + Appending Accessory Views

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jul 31 18:56:04 UTC 2007

On 31. Jul 2007, at 14:54, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> On 30 Jul 2007, at 17:14, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
>> If you can actually get the color and font info from tm_dialog.
>> Please do!
> Well, to handle a ColorPanel and Fontpanel is a bit tricky.
> If I try to run runModalForWindow:aColorPanel it works but TM hangs
> and one have to force quit it.
> [...]

I assume it hangs only because it is running the tm_dialog command
synchronously -- running that asynchronously should work (and using
⌃C or ⌘. should break it more gracefully than force quit).

That said, I just remembered that font and color panels are
autonomous entities which signal the first responder when they see a
change. So they do not follow the “request a font/color” model,
rather you open the panel, and someone just listens to changes, and
that someone can change, while the panel is up. So I don’t think
this would really work with tm_dialog.