[TxMt] Coloured diff display?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jul 31 01:36:53 UTC 2007

On 30. Jul 2007, at 14:18, Kevin Horton wrote:

> [...]
> I am left with one comment - if it is important that my ~/bin not
> be world writable, perhaps there is a better way to inform the user
> than hide a warning line at the top of a diff.  Given that this is
> the only time TextMate has warned me about this, I suspect that it
> is not considered a TextMate concern, and ruby is the culprit.
> Perhaps this ruby warning should be caught, and not make it to the
> diffs.

The error is from Ruby, or some underlying system function, which
just prints the error when it finds that something in the current
working directory is world-writable (or something like that).

There is no nice way to catch this specific error -- and probably it
should generally just be addressed when the error appears.