[TxMt] sorting and backups

Takaaki Kato devlist at samuraicoder.net
Mon Jul 30 16:50:39 UTC 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 12:29 AM, Darren Hardy wrote:

> I would like to have the items listed in the Select Bundle Item...
> (Ctrl-Apple-T) sorted, but I haven't found an option for that
> anywhere.

The main usage of control-apple-T is that you type and norrow the
selections down. I don't see a reason to sort the items. And, there
is now way to sort manually, I think.

What you can do is hide the bundles you never use. TextMate now comes
with too many bundles. <http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
bundles#hiding_bundles>

> Same thing is automated backups -- is there an option to have your
> previous version saved as Filename~ or Filename.bak, etc.

There's no automated backups. In my experience, TextaMate's saves are
very reliable. But I understand some other text editors have this
feature. Someone may have made up a solution. But this feature
doesn't seem to be commonly requested. Also, it shouldb be mentioned
that TextMate supports undo's.

Takaaki
--
Takaaki Kato